Corn and Bean Soup Recipe
"For lunch or dinner on a chilly day, this fresh-tasting colorful vegetable soup really hits the spot," comments Betty Andrzejewski of Chino, California.
- 1-1/3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 small potato, peeled and diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, combine the broth, carrots, celery, potato and onion. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients; simmer 5-7 minutes longer or until corn is tender. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Corn and Bean Soup in Taste of Home October/November 2000, p17
Reviews for Corn and Bean Soup(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review