6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-3/4 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 3/4 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute green pepper and onion in butter
- and oil until tender. Add the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir
- over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 137 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 148 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.