Corn and Bean Chili
My family favors corn in a variety of dishes, including this one.Mary Pitts, Powder Springs, Georgia
14-16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 envelope chili seasoning mix
- 3 cans (16 ounces each) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (46 ounces) V8 juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large Dutch oven or soup kettle, cook beef and onion over medium
- heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the seasoning mix,
- beans, V8 juice and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer,
- uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Stir in corn. Cook and stir over low heat for 15 minutes. Sprinkle
- with cheese. Yield: 14-16 servings (4 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 155 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 645 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.