Corn and Bean Chili Recipe
My family favors corn in a variety of dishes, including this one.—Mary Pitts, Powder Springs, Georgia
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 envelope chili seasoning mix
- 3 cans (16 ounces each) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (46 ounces) V8 juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large Dutch oven or soup kettle, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the seasoning mix, beans, V8 juice and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- 2. Stir in corn. Cook and stir over low heat for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 14-16 servings (4 quarts).
1 cup: 155 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 645mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.
Reviews for Corn and Bean Chili
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC