My family favors corn in a variety of dishes, including this one.—Mary Pitts, Powder Springs, Georgia
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 envelope chili seasoning mix
- 3 cans (16 ounces each) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (46 ounces) V8 juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large Dutch oven or soup kettle, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the seasoning mix, beans, V8 juice and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Stir in corn. Cook and stir over low heat for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 14-16 servings (4 quarts).
Originally published as Corn and Bean Chili in Country Woman January/February 1996, p35
Reviews for Corn and Bean Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review