Corn and Bacon Medley Recipe
I CLIPPED this recipe many years ago, and it remains one of our favorites. My husband and I love all the ingredients in it, plus it doesn't require a lot of time to prepare. With a simple green salad, it can make a complete meal. -Donna Brockett, Kingfisher, Oklahoma
- 2 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, chopped
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Add corn and onion to skillet; cook and stir over medium heat until onion is tender.
- 2. Add tomato and basil. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Add bacon; season with salt and pepper. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup: 228 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 184mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Corn and Bacon Medley
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC