Corn and Bacon Medley
I CLIPPED this recipe many years ago, and it remains one of our favorites.
My husband and I love all the ingredients in it, plus it doesn't require a lot of time to prepare. With a simple green salad, it can make a complete meal.
-Donna Brockett, Kingfisher, Oklahoma
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium until crisp. Remove to
- paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon
- drippings. Add corn and onion to skillet; cook and stir over medium
- heat until onion is tender.
- Add tomato and basil. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 5-7
- minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Add
- bacon; season with salt and pepper. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 228 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 184 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.