Corn and Bacon Medley Recipe
- 2 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, chopped
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Add corn and onion to skillet; cook and stir over medium heat until onion is tender.
- 2. Add tomato and basil. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Add bacon; season with salt and pepper. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup: 228 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 184mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Corn and Bacon Medley
"Delicious and easy sums it up."
"This was recipe was very easy to make and it was delicious! The combination between the bacon and the corn along with salt and pepper made this side dish more popular than the main dish!"