I CLIPPED this recipe many years ago, and it remains one of our favorites. My husband and I love all the ingredients in it, plus it doesn't require a lot of time to prepare. With a simple green salad, it can make a complete meal. -Donna Brockett, Kingfisher, Oklahoma
Recommended: 22 Ways to Eat Corn on the Cob This Summer
- 2 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, chopped
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Add corn and onion to skillet; cook and stir over medium heat until onion is tender.
- Add tomato and basil. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Add bacon; season with salt and pepper. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Corn Medley in Reminisce January/February 1997, p45
Reviews for Corn and Bacon Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review