Corn and Bacon Casserole
Corn is my three boy's favorite vegetables, so we eat a lot of it. This recipe has been a favorite for years. My husband, Bob, and the boys really enjoy it.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 6 bacon strips
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspooon pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3-1/2 cups fresh or frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving 2
- tablespoon of drippings. Crumble bacon; set aside.
- Saute onion in drippings until tender. Add flour, garlic, salt and
- pepper. Cook and stir until bubbly; cook and stir 1 minute more.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream until smooth. Add corn,
- parsley and half of the bacon; mix well.
- Pour into a 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining bacon. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with chives. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 245 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 300 mg sodium,