Corn is my three boy's favorite vegetables, so we eat a lot of it. This recipe has been a favorite for years. My husband, Bob, and the boys really enjoy it.
- 6 bacon strips
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspooon pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3-1/2 cups fresh or frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoon of drippings. Crumble bacon; set aside.
- Saute onion in drippings until tender. Add flour, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until bubbly; cook and stir 1 minute more. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream until smooth. Add corn, parsley and half of the bacon; mix well.
- Pour into a 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining bacon. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with chives. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Corn and Bacon Casserole in Taste of Home June/July 1995, p9
Reviews for Corn and Bacon Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review