Corn and Bacon Casserole Recipe
- 6 bacon strips
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspooon pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3-1/2 cups fresh or frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoon of drippings. Crumble bacon; set aside.
- Saute onion in drippings until tender. Add flour, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until bubbly; cook and stir 1 minute more. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream until smooth. Add corn, parsley and half of the bacon; mix well.
- Pour into a 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining bacon. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with chives. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Corn and Bacon Casserole(6)
Sort By :
I replace half the sour cream with yogurt, and often use the entire package of bacon. Thinking of trying adding shredded cheddar cheese. Also, unlike another reviewer, I find the parsley and chives indispensable in the flavor mix.
This was really good . We made it for a holiday party and everyone loved it. People kept asking for this recipe.
A real Winner* You may want to double the recipe for this one. It's that good.
One thing I did do was to drastically reduce the amount of Sour Cream. That made it possible for all of the other ingredients to come through. Sour cream can take over. I wanted to be able to taste the wonderful sweetness of the Fresh Corn and the slightly smoky overtones of the bacon.
Great recipe that I will share with the rest of my family soon*
This time of the year Go with Fresh.
This is the best corn I've ever had. Way better than cheesey corn. I used half sour cream and the other half was salted butter and cream cheese. I didn't have chives or parsley but it didn't need it. Sauteing the onions in the same pan after the bacon gives so much flavor. My bacon was very lean so added more butter to the grease to saute onions.
Great, family loved it. Made it with fresh corn. Used half of sour cream and other half cream. Added 1 cup mild cheddar cheese. Fabulous.