Corn and Asparagus Medley Recipe
- 1/2 pound carrots, sliced
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 to 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1. Place 1 in. of water in a saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4 minutes. Add asparagus; simmer 3-5 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Drain.
- 2. In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; stir in the vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, thyme and ginger. Add carrots, asparagus, water chestnuts and parsley. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 122 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 129mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 6g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Corn and Asparagus Medley
"Looks like a great recipe, but where is the corn?"