- 1/2 pound carrots, sliced
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 to 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Place 1 in. of water in a saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4 minutes. Add asparagus; simmer 3-5 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Drain.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; stir in the vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, thyme and ginger. Add carrots, asparagus, water chestnuts and parsley. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Colorful Vegetable Medley in Taste of Home April/May 2003, p18
Reviews for Corn and Asparagus Medley(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Asparagus Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >