No one will miss the meat when you dish up these satisfying burritos bursting with a fresh-tasting filling. They’re fast to fix and won’t put a dent in your wallet. —Sharon W. Bickett, Chester, South Carolina
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/3 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup salsa
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add corn, onion and pepper; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic, chili powder and cumin; cook 1 minute longer. Add beans and rice; heat through.
- Spoon 1/2 cup filling across center of each tortilla; top with cheese, yogurt and green onions. Fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling and roll up. Serve with salsa. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Corn, Rice & Bean Burritos in Taste of Home June/July 2010, p33
Reviews for Corn, Rice & Bean Burritos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review