Corn, Rice & Bean Burritos Recipe
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/3 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add corn, onion and pepper; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic, chili powder and cumin; cook 1 minute longer. Add beans and rice; heat through.
- 2. Spoon 1/2 cup filling across center of each tortilla; top with cheese, yogurt and green onions. Fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling and roll up. Serve with salsa. Yield: 8 servings.
1 burrito with 1 tablespoon salsa: 326 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 500mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 13g protein.
Reviews for Corn, Rice & Bean Burritos
"This was a fantastic recipe and I love how easy it was to put together. The only thing different I did was use canned corn instead of frozen corn. The whole family loved it and I will be doing this dish often."
"It was good but really needs more spice. I don't really care for super spicy food but this was really bland. I will make it again but I'm going to try something simple like taco seasoning to add more kick."
"Minus the burrito from this recipe and it makes an excellent side dish! Easy and delicious! I make a double batch and take it cold for lunch."
"Really good! Made with whole wheat tortillas and used light sour cream. Yummy!"
"This is one of my families favorite meals! I do add shredded chicken to the filling too to add a little something."
"I loved this recipe. Easy to make, healthy & delicious"
"I've made these a few times and it's what were having tonight. They are filling and easy to modify in any way that suits your taste. Also they are super healthy!"
"It was super yummy! I had a hard time stopping eating it. =)"
"This was delicious! I was out of chili powder so I used spicy taco seasoning (to taste) and it came out great. I left out the yogurt (salsa and cheese as toppings were plenty for me) and used whole wheat tortillas. Leftovers are even better!"
"I changed this slightly to zip it up a bit because the reviews sounded like it was going to be bland. I added 2 tsp of the chili powder instead of the 1 1/2. I changed the cumin to 1 tsp instead of the 1/2 tsp. I also added 1 lb of ground turkey breast. I also used the cheddar tortillas with the chilis. I have to say that this turned out delicious! Not only did we eat this for dinner and went back for 2nds, but my husband used this to mix in with his eggs in the morning and wrapped it in tortillas. He has already asked me to make more for breakfast wraps. Excellent! Thanks for sharing."
"Terrible! Flavor was bland with no spicy "zip". Was sorry that I wasted all of the ingredients on this one."
"I made these for supper last week. Mixture was really good and I ate the leftovers on tortilla chips the next day. I liked it much better on the tortilla chips instead of the burrito. Definitely added sour cream!! I would make the filling again but would stick to the chips and not the burritos!!"
"Made this for my vegetarian night with the kids - definitely filling, pretty light and nice flavor."