- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/3 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup salsa
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add corn, onion and pepper; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic, chili powder and cumin; cook 1 minute longer. Add beans and rice; heat through.
- Spoon 1/2 cup filling across center of each tortilla; top with cheese, yogurt and green onions. Fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling and roll up. Serve with salsa. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forCorn, Rice & Bean Burritos
"This was a fantastic recipe and I love how easy it was to put together. The only thing different I did was use canned corn instead of frozen corn. The whole family loved it and I will be doing this dish often."
"It was good but really needs more spice. I don't really care for super spicy food but this was really bland. I will make it again but I'm going to try something simple like taco seasoning to add more kick."
"Minus the burrito from this recipe and it makes an excellent side dish! Easy and delicious! I make a double batch and take it cold for lunch."
"Really good! Made with whole wheat tortillas and used light sour cream. Yummy!"
"This is one of my families favorite meals! I do add shredded chicken to the filling too to add a little something."
"I loved this recipe. Easy to make, healthy & delicious"
"I've made these a few times and it's what were having tonight. They are filling and easy to modify in any way that suits your taste. Also they are super healthy!"
"It was super yummy! I had a hard time stopping eating it. =)"