Corn 'n' Red Pepper Medley
This fresh-tasting side dish is a fun treatment for corn. It's colorful, comes together quickly on the stovetop and goes well with just about any main course, particularly grilled items.—Lillian Julow of Gainesville, Florida
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups fresh corn
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large sweet red peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook corn in oil for 2 minutes. Add the
- red peppers, onion and garlic; cook and stir for 4-6 minutes or
- until peppers are crisp-tender. Stir in the parsley, chili powder,
- salt and pepper; cook 1-2 minutes longer. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 130 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 314 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.