Corn 'n' Pepper Packets Recipe
Grilling foods in foil packets means little mess and cleanup. Plus, the steam cooks the vegetables to perfection. Try experimenting with different seasonings.
- 4 medium ears sweet corn, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 2-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the vegetables, parsley and seasonings. Place on a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. x 12 in.). Drizzle with butter. Fold foil around vegetables and seal tightly.
- 2. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 5-6 minutes on each side. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 196 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 471 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC