Corn 'n' Lima Bean Tossed Salad Recipe
"I love to serve this colorful, zesty salad with country-style hearth bread for dipping in the delicious dressing," writes Lillian Julow of Gainesville, Florida.
- 1/3 cup frozen baby lima beans
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup chopped lettuce
- 1/4 cup roasted sweet red peppers, drained and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, bring lima beans and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add corn; simmer 4-5 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Drain and cool.
- In a small bowl, combine the lettuce, red peppers, onion and bean mixture. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Just before serving, combine the lime juice, oil, parsley, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Corn 'n' Lima Bean Tossed Salad in Cooking for 2 Fall 2007, p37
Reviews for Corn 'n' Lima Bean Tossed Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Salad Dressing Recipes >
- Salad Recipes For Two >
- Salads >