Corn 'n' Ham Fritters
Nancy Foust, Stoneboro, Pennsylvania
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup finely diced fully cooked ham
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Maple syrup, optional
- In a small bowl, combine biscuit mix and sugar. In another bowl,
- whisk egg and milk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in corn and ham.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1-1/2 in. of oil to 375°. Drop
- batter by rounded tablespoonfuls, a few at a time, into hot oil. Fry
- until golden brown, about 1 minute on each side. Drain on paper
- towels. Serve warm with syrup if desired. Yield: 16 fritters.