- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Tortilla chips
- In a very large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 11 cups.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Corn 'n' Black Bean Salsa
Sort By :
"I made this for my son's taco bar --- it was a delicious hit! I shared my experience on my blog:http://www.stayin-afloat.com/p/black-bean-salsa.html"
"I'm amazed how good this was with such simple ingredients. This was suppose to be served with quesadillas, but it was almost gone before dinner was ready!"
"The whole family loves it. I make it without the jalapeno. The next morning I put a generous amount in a saucepan with some tomato sauce and a shake or four of cumin and/or chili powder and let it heat up. In the meantime I'm warming up corn tortillas and frying eggs. It makes a STUPENDOUS huevos rancheros!"
"Not only will I make this again - I can't wait to make it again! Simple; like a party in a bowl...and your mouth. I used red pepper instead of tomato and added a "drop" of olive oil and black pepper. Otherwise....I followed as directed."
"My family LOVES this salsa! They can eat it for a meal!"