- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Tortilla chips
- In a very large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 11 cups.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Corn 'n' Black Bean Salsa
"Everyone loves this!"
"This has become a favorite!"
"I made this for my son's taco bar --- it was a delicious hit! I shared my experience on my blog:http://www.stayin-afloat.com/p/black-bean-salsa.html"
"I'm amazed how good this was with such simple ingredients. This was suppose to be served with quesadillas, but it was almost gone before dinner was ready!"
"Not only will I make this again - I can't wait to make it again! Simple; like a party in a bowl...and your mouth. I used red pepper instead of tomato and added a "drop" of olive oil and black pepper. Otherwise....I followed as directed."
"My family LOVES this salsa! They can eat it for a meal!"
"This is going to be a favorite! We've only made it once so far, but it was really good! We added a minced clove of garlic, some pepper, & additional salt. I think we'll probably add an extra jalapeno next time, because we felt it needed a little extra kick. But the mix of flavor was really good!"
"BEST corn and bean salsa ever. Fresh and healthy with some crunch. Love it, bro."
"Served this at my home for a Christmas gathering. I had to turn on the computer to print out the recipe. Easy and good. What more can you ask."