Corn 'n' Black Bean Salsa
I'm a high school football coach who also likes to cook and garden. This salsa is a hit with my wife and our four kids, and when we entertain friends and fellow coaches. —Mike Bass, Alvin, Texas
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Tortilla chips
- In a very large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and
- refrigerate until serving. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 11
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without chips) equals 34 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 118 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 starch.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.