Corn 'n' Beef Pasta Bake
I call this my "Friendship Casserole" because I often make it for new moms and other folks who need a helping hand. The ingredients are easily assembled for a quick meal.Nancy Adams, Hancock, New Hampshire
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 65 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green or sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, green pepper and garlic
- over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the
- corn, tomatoes, pasta, buttermilk, cream cheese, chili powder, salt
- and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 25-30
- minutes longer or until the pasta is tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as