This fragrant side packs flavor in but keeps extra fat, calories and sodium out. Red pepper lends sweetness and color to the eye-catching dish. Angela Hanks - St. Albans, West Virginia
- 3/4 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute red pepper and onion in oil for 2 minutes. Add the corn, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper; cook and stir until vegetables are tender. Drain pasta; stir into the pan. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Corn & Pepper Orzo in Healthy Cooking October/November 2008, p28
Reviews for Corn & Pepper Orzo
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review