In Madison, Minnesota, Diane Schuelke gets the taste of chicken cordon bleu without all the work. She rolls Swiss cheese and deli meats into a swirled sandwich loaf that bakes to a golden brown. "My entire gang looks forward to this dinner," she shares.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 ounces thinly sliced deli ham
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 5 ounces thinly sliced deli chicken breast
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 10-in. x 8-in. rectangle; spread with butter. Top with ham, cheese and chicken. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal and tuck ends under.
- Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise for 20 minutes. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cordon Bleu Stromboli in Quick Cooking November/December 2001, p10
Reviews for Cordon Bleu Stromboli
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review