Cordon Bleu Pork Chops Recipe
This recipe is a variation of one I found in a church cookbook. I prepare these cheesy chops year-round...on vacation, at tailgate parties or at home.
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 4 thin slices fully cooked ham
- 4 thin slices Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1. Cut a pocket in each chop. Combine the next 10 ingredients. Reserve 1/2 cup for basting and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag or shallow glass container. Add pork and turn to coat. Seal bag or cover container; refrigerate overnight, turning meat occasionally.
- 2. Place a cheese slice on each slice of ham; roll up jelly-roll style. Drain pork and discard marinade in bag. Insert a ham/cheese roll in each pocket; secure with soaked toothpicks.
- 3. Grill, covered, over medium heat, for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC