- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 4 thin slices fully cooked ham
- 4 thin slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cut a pocket in each chop. Combine the next 10 ingredients. Reserve 1/2 cup for basting and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag or shallow glass container. Add pork and turn to coat. Seal bag or cover container; refrigerate overnight, turning meat occasionally.
- Place a cheese slice on each slice of ham; roll up jelly-roll style. Drain pork and discard marinade. Insert a ham/cheese roll in each pocket; secure with soaked toothpicks.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat, for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Cordon Bleu Pork Chops
Sort By :
"Although I butchered the recipe (didn't have all the ingridents like I thought... It was great. I used pork steaks instead of chops (will use chops next time) and I didn't have the dried onion so I used fresh onion instead. Everyone loved them though. BIG HIT!!!!"
"These chops are THE BEST!! My family gave these rave reviews and told me that this recipe is a "keeper"!"
"Wow! These were fantastic. I served these for Sunday dinner and everyone raved about them. The marinade is wonderful. Just make sure that your pork chops are thin enough that they can grill evenly and thoroughly."