Five cheeses and a jar of prepared Alfredo sauce enhance this terrific lasagna recipe. It’s effortless to prepare and kid-friendly, too. Karlene Burton JACKSON, TENNESSEE
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1 jar (15 ounces) roasted garlic Alfredo sauce
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups cubed cooked ham
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine eggs, ricotta, cottage cheese, Parmesan and 1/4 cup parsley; set aside. In another bowl, combine Alfredo sauce, chicken, ham and garlic powder.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture in the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with half of the noodles and ricotta mixture. Top with half of the remaining chicken mixture and half of the mozzarella and Swiss cheeses. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes or a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting. Sprinkle with remaining parsley. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Cordon Bleu Lasagna in Country April/May 2008, p49
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Cordon Bleu Lasagna
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review