These delicious golden egg rolls disappear at parties...but my kids love them all year-round. I often freeze a batch and let them microwave a couple for after school snacks.
Recommended: 50 Chicken Recipes in a 13x9 Pan
- 1/2 pound cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 1/2 pound frozen breaded chicken tenders, thawed and cubed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/3 pound cubed deli ham
- 1/2 cup honey mustard
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives, drained
- 24 egg roll wrappers
- Oil for frying
- HONEY MUSTARD DIPPING SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons honey mustard
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Place about 1/4 cup filling in the center of one egg roll wrapper. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Fold bottom corner over filling. Fold sides toward center over filing. Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly to seal. Repeat.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry egg rolls, a few at a time, for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and mustard. Serve with egg rolls. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Cordon Bleu Egg Rolls in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2005, p25
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Cordon Bleu Egg Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review