- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-3/4 cups whole milk
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook ham for 4-5 minutes or until browned; drain and pat dry. In a greased 2-qt. baking dish, layer the turkey, cheese and ham; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, mustard and nutmeg until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over ham.
- Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Cordon Bleu Casserole
"This is a winner! I love everything about this dish. It is quick to put together and has amazing flavor! Highly recommend it."
"Easy to make."
"The dish is a keeper. We substituted turkey in the recipe and enjoyed it. The breadcrumbs were yummy. My one qualm was the onion really overpowered it. We'll cut that in half next time and enjoy it more."
"Yum! Will definitely make again. Tasted a lot like a pot pie... may try adding in veggies."
"Made with leftover turkey - very good"
"LOVE this recipe. Like many others, I usually substitute chicken breasts for the turkey, but it's always tasty and well received!"
"We loved it but I used chicken instead of turkey."
"I love this recipe - and make it all the time - but use chicken breasts - cooked and diced or sliced and I slice or dice the ham also. I actually prefer the sliced as it makes it more "cordon bleu" style.I layer it as in recipe - but make the sauce with the swiss cheese included. After layering I throw in some chunked swiss and mozzarella to bubble up under the topping... As a shortcut I use a package of stuffing mix (Stove Top or other) if I want to save time."