- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook ham for 4-5 minutes or until browned; drain and pat dry. In a greased 2-qt. baking dish, layer the turkey, cheese and ham; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, mustard and nutmeg until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over ham.
- Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Cordon Bleu Casserole
Sort By :
"I also used chicken instead of turkey and thought the flavor was wonderful but thought it needed rice or pasta."
"Yum! Will definitely make again. Tasted a lot like a pot pie... may try adding in veggies."
"Made with leftover turkey - very good"
"LOVE this recipe. Like many others, I usually substitute chicken breasts for the turkey, but it's always tasty and well received!"
"We loved it but I used chicken instead of turkey."