Cordon Bleu Casserole Recipe
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook ham for 4-5 minutes or until browned; drain and pat dry. In a greased 2-qt. baking dish, layer the turkey, cheese and ham; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, mustard and nutmeg until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over ham.
- Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Cordon Bleu Casserole(7)
Sort By :
Yum! Will definitely make again. Tasted a lot like a pot pie... may try adding in veggies.
Made with leftover turkey - very good
LOVE this recipe. Like many others, I usually substitute chicken breasts for the turkey, but it's always tasty and well received!
We loved it but I used chicken instead of turkey.
I love this recipe - and make it all the time - but use chicken breasts - cooked and diced or sliced and I slice or dice the ham also. I actually prefer the sliced as it makes it more "cordon bleu" style.
I layer it as in recipe - but make the sauce with the swiss cheese included. After layering I throw in some chunked swiss and mozzarella to bubble up under the topping... As a shortcut I use a package of stuffing mix (Stove Top or other) if I want to save time.
More Recipe Collections
- Chicken Cordon Bleu >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ham Casserole Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >
- Pork Casserole >