Cordon Bleu Bake
“This comforting casserole is fast and easy to assemble, plus it helps you use up leftovers,” Helen Musenbrock confirms from O’Fallon, Missouri.
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup stuffing mix
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup, undiluted, divided
- 3/4 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 ounces thinly sliced lean deli ham, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- In a small saucepan, bring water and 1 tablespoon butter to a boil.
- Stir in stuffing mix. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for
- 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a shallow 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray,
- combine vegetables with 1/3 cup soup. Combine the chicken with
- remaining soup; spoon over vegetables. Layer with ham and cheese.
- Fluff stuffing with a fork; spoon over cheese. Melt remaining
- butter; drizzle over stuffing. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for
- 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups (prepared with reduced-fat butter, reduced-sodium soup and reduced-fat cheese) equals 501 calories, 23 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 1,350 mg sodium,