Cordon Bleu Bake Recipe
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup stuffing mix
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup, undiluted, divided
- 3/4 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 ounces thinly sliced lean deli ham, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring water and 1 tablespoon butter to a boil. Stir in stuffing mix. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a shallow 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray, combine vegetables with 1/3 cup soup. Combine the chicken with remaining soup; spoon over vegetables. Layer with ham and cheese. Fluff stuffing with a fork; spoon over cheese. Melt remaining butter; drizzle over stuffing. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 501 calories, 23g fat (10g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 1350mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 39g protein.
Reviews for Cordon Bleu Bake
"It did not taste anything like cordon bleu at all."
"Did anyone look at the amount of sodium in this recipe???"
"Absolutely delicious! The left overs lasted about an hour before my boyfriend ate them!"
"I used lima beans (only thing left in the freezer!) and cubed ham. I also tossed much of it together without measuring. Wonderful mixture!"