“This comforting casserole is fast and easy to assemble, plus it helps you use up leftovers,” Helen Musenbrock confirms from O’Fallon, Missouri.
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup stuffing mix
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup, undiluted, divided
- 3/4 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 ounces thinly sliced lean deli ham, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- In a small saucepan, bring water and 1 tablespoon butter to a boil. Stir in stuffing mix. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a shallow 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray, combine vegetables with 1/3 cup soup. Combine the chicken with remaining soup; spoon over vegetables. Layer with ham and cheese. Fluff stuffing with a fork; spoon over cheese. Melt remaining butter; drizzle over stuffing. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cordon Bleu Bake in Cooking for 2 Winter 2006, p45
Reviews for Cordon Bleu Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review