- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup minced chives, divided
- 18 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and mustard until smooth. Stir in the Swiss cheese, ham and 1/4 cup chives. Spread 1 tablespoon mixture over each bread slice; place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle with remaining chives. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Cordon Bleu Appetizers
"These are so good!! and really simple to make. I used a baguette so they were small if you use French bread they'd be a meal. I used reduced fat cream cheese."
"I have made this recipe for a few years now and it is amazing!! We do alot of entertaining and football parties and I always double the recipe and I never have leftovers. If you want to make a filling appitizer that everyone will like, this is the one, you won't be disappointed. Enjoy!!"
"These are Very good! A Big hit!"
"I made this recipe for my sisters bridal shower, everyone loved it!! I ended up running out...nothing better than seeing a plate full of just crumbs!! =)"
"I made this thought it was ok. Made it agin with twice the amount of cream cheese and added a little cooked chicken made it better I might make them only if I already had everthing."
"I added 5 thin slices of dried beef (from a jar) that I had diced. It gave it the zip and salt it needed without being too salty. I also added a teaspoon of dill weed for flavor. Great!"
"It's a keeper. Thank you for sharing"
"These are the best little snacks ever! I used a bagette bread so they were small but so good. I ate them all before the night was done. I did broil mine after baking so everything melted and got alittle crispy. I had left over topping so the next day I made more for lunch."
"where is the chicken??"
"I cook almost weekly for other people so I'm lways looking for new and delicious recipes. This recipe is absolutely delicious! As suggested by another cook, I used 1/4 cup of mayo. This makes the mix easier to spread on the bread. Also, I used French baguette slices which are the perfect size for an appetizer. This recipe is a keeper!"