Coq Au Vin Recipe
- 6 medium red potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- Place potatoes and water in a microwave-safe dish; cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes. Add carrots; cook 4 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, wine, bouillon, garlic, parsley, thyme and pepper. Cut each chicken breast half into three pieces. Add the chicken, potato mixture, mushrooms, bacon and onions to soup mixture; stir to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Coq Au Vin(3)
Sort By :
Didn't know what to expect but very yummy. I had to cook my potatoes/carrots an extra minute for the carrots to be tender. I was out of parsley flakes but added an extra 1/8 t. of thyme. I also forgot to buy the mushrooms so I added two small cans of whole button mushrooms. I prefer fresh but these weren't bad. I did add some salt to my chicken on my plate but that's a personal choice.
This recipe needs some adjustments. My potatoes took forever to cook. I liked this but my hubby said it was bland.
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >