Copper Pennies Recipe
- 2 pounds carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cups sugar
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 1 can (5-1/2 ounces) tomato juice
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook the carrots just until crisp-tender; drain. Combine all remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Add carrots and stir until well mixed. Cover and refrigerate at least 3-4 hours.
- Serve cold as a salad, or warm it and use as a side dish. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Yield: 8 cups.
Reviews for Copper Pennies
Sort By :
"I made this two weeks ago and it was delicious. I am making it again today to take to a pot luck dinner."
"Family did not like the vinegar, will need to cut back next time. Served warm also used tomato soup."
"I have made this receipe several times. I use the can carrots,(4) drain the juice. I use tomato soup instead of the tomato juice.Also you can use, white or brown vinegar. It still tastes great."