Copper Carrots Recipe
WHEN I prepare this delicious carrot recipe, I'm reminded of a fabulous church supper our family attended back in 1942. I had never seen so much delicious food before - truly Southern cooking in full flower. These carrots were one of the side dishes served. -Billie Scoggins, Long Beach, Mississippi
- 3 medium carrots, julienned
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan, cook carrots in water until tender; drain. Remove carrots; set aside and keep warm. In the same saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, salt and ginger. Gradually stir in orange juice; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add butter. Return carrots to pan; heat through. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 115 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 385 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Copper Carrots
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC