- 3 medium carrots, julienned
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- In a small saucepan, cook carrots in water until tender; drain. Remove carrots; set aside and keep warm. In the same saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, salt and ginger. Gradually stir in orange juice; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add butter. Return carrots to pan; heat through. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Copper Carrots in Reminisce November/December 1996, p45
Reviews for Copper Carrots
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 2, 2012
"Quick recipe that the whole family enjoyed."
Reviewed Aug. 7, 2011
"Very Good, bowl was empty when we left the table"
Reviewed Feb. 13, 2011
"wonderful rich flavor the whole family would enjoy ..Sonja from Ellsworth, Maine"