Copper Carrots Recipe
WHEN I prepare this delicious carrot recipe, I'm reminded of a fabulous church supper our family attended back in 1942. I had never seen so much delicious food before - truly Southern cooking in full flower. These carrots were one of the side dishes served. -Billie Scoggins, Long Beach, Mississippi
- 3 medium carrots, julienned
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- In a small saucepan, cook carrots in water until tender; drain. Remove carrots; set aside and keep warm. In the same saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, salt and ginger. Gradually stir in orange juice; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add butter. Return carrots to pan; heat through. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Copper Carrots in Reminisce November/December 1996, p45
Reviews for Copper Carrots(3)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 2, 2012
Quick recipe that the whole family enjoyed.
Reviewed Aug. 7, 2011
Very Good, bowl was empty when we left the table
Reviewed Feb. 13, 2011
wonderful rich flavor the whole family would enjoy ..Sonja from Ellsworth, Maine