- 5 pounds carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups vinegar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place carrots in a Dutch oven. Add 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until carrots are tender. Drain; rinse in cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine green peppers, onion and carrots; set aside. In a large saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients; cook over medium heat until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Cool for 10 minutes. Pour over carrot mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Copper Carrot Salad in Down the Aisle Country-Style 2000, p40
Reviews for Copper Carrot Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 12, 2013
I served it at a potluck I thought at was average, but I was asked for the recipe by one person
Reviewed Mar. 16, 2009
This is one of my favorite pot luck recipes I elemenate some of the time chopping and cooking carrots by using frozen crinkle cut carrots thawed.