- 5 pounds carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups vinegar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place carrots in a Dutch oven. Add 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until carrots are tender. Drain; rinse in cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine green peppers, onion and carrots; set aside. In a large saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients; cook over medium heat until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Cool for 10 minutes. Pour over carrot mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews forCopper Carrot Salad
"This is a very nice salad, I cut the sugar by 1/3 Rd and when l make it again I will cut the Italian seasoning by 1/2."
"I served it at a potluck I thought at was average, but I was asked for the recipe by one person"
"This is one of my favorite pot luck recipes I elemenate some of the time chopping and cooking carrots by using frozen crinkle cut carrots thawed."