Cooled Peach Soup
Welcome in summer with the fresh, creamy taste of this chilled soup, submitted by Lane McLoud from Perry, Georgia. Topped with toasted almonds, enjoy a crunchy kick with your light, tasty soup.
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled fresh peaches
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- In a blender, combine the peaches, yogurt, lemon juice and extract;
- cover and process until smooth. Refrigerate until chilled. Sprinkle
- with almonds just before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 123 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 28 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 fat.