Cool Watermelon Pops Recipe
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) watermelon gelatin
- 1 envelope unsweetened watermelon cherry Kool-Aid mix
- 2 cups refrigerated watermelon juice blend
- 28 freezer pop molds or 28 paper cups (3 ounces each) and wooden pop sticks
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups prepared limeade
- 2 to 3 teaspoons green food coloring, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the water, sugar, gelatin and Kool-Aid mix; stir until sugar is dissolved. Add watermelon juice. Fill each mold or cup with 3 tablespoons watermelon mixture. Freeze until almost slushy, about 1 hour. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Top molds with holders. If using cups, top with foil and insert sticks through foil. Freeze.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine limeade and, if desired, food coloring. If using freezer molds, remove holders. If using paper cups, remove foil. Pour limeade mixture over tops. Return holders or foil. Freeze until firm. Yield: 28 pops.
1 pop equals 64 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 11 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.
Reviews for Cool Watermelon Pops
"Very cute and great treat for kids (or honest adults), as people said it has a lot of sugar but it is a one at a time treat not a complete meal."
"There are several watermelon juice drinks on the market, you'll find them mixed in with the other juice blends. Welches, Minute Maid and Koolaid all have a watermelon flavor.Hope that helps!"
"Cute idea but I agree there's way too much artificial stuff and sugar. I'm going to see if I can make them with some "real" ingredients."
"too much artificial everything and too much sugar..kids will be flying off the ceiling from these.."
"Look wonderful making today. I am not sure what water Mellon juice is, but my guess woukd be to either cut sections and squeeze out the liquid but I think I am gonna use chunks of water Mellon and chop is to small pieces in my magic bullet and just use that in the juices place. Can't wait for these! Thanks for sharingVicki"
"That's a lot of sweetness and artificial everything!"
"Kids loved it! The only problem I had was finding the watermelon gelatin and juice blend. That being said it still turned out great and looked like the picture."