Cool Watermelon Pops Recipe
The kids are going to flip for the miniature chocolate chips in these picture-perfect pops. They’re almost too cute to eat (but you’ll be glad you did). —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) watermelon gelatin
- 1 envelope unsweetened watermelon cherry Kool-Aid mix
- 2 cups refrigerated watermelon juice blend
- 28 freezer pop molds or 28 paper cups (3 ounces each) and wooden pop sticks
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups prepared limeade
- 2 to 3 teaspoons green food coloring, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the water, sugar, gelatin and Kool-Aid mix; stir until sugar is dissolved. Add watermelon juice. Fill each mold or cup with 3 tablespoons watermelon mixture. Freeze until almost slushy, about 1 hour. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Top molds with holders. If using cups, top with foil and insert sticks through foil. Freeze.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine limeade and, if desired, food coloring. If using freezer molds, remove holders. If using paper cups, remove foil. Pour limeade mixture over tops. Return holders or foil. Freeze until firm. Yield: 28 pops.
1 pop equals 64 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 11 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.
Reviews for Cool Watermelon Pops
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC