- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) watermelon gelatin
- 1 envelope unsweetened watermelon cherry Kool-Aid mix
- 2 cups refrigerated watermelon juice blend
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups prepared limeade
- 2 to 3 teaspoons green food coloring, optional
- 28 freezer pop molds or 28 paper cups (3 ounces each) and wooden pop sticks
- In a large bowl, combine the water, sugar, gelatin and Kool-Aid mix; stir until sugar is dissolved. Add watermelon juice. Fill each mold or cup with 3 tablespoons watermelon mixture. Freeze until almost slushy, about 1 hour. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Top molds with holders. If using cups, top with foil and insert sticks through foil. Freeze.
- In a small bowl, combine limeade and food coloring if desired. If using freezer molds, remove holders. If using paper cups, remove foil. Pour limeade mixture over tops. Return holders or foil. Freeze until firm. Yield: 28 pops.
Reviews for Cool Watermelon Pops
Sort By :
Very cute and great treat for kids (or honest adults), as people said it has a lot of sugar but for Pete's sake it is a one at a time treat not a complete meal. Will the food Nazis PLEASE shutup.
There are several watermelon juice drinks on the market, you'll find them mixed in with the other juice blends. Welches, Minute Maid and Koolaid all have a watermelon flavor.
Hope that helps!
Cute idea but I agree there's way too much artificial stuff and sugar. I'm going to see if I can make them with some "real" ingredients.
too much artificial everything and too much sugar..kids will be flying off the ceiling from these..
Look wonderful making today. I am not sure what water Mellon juice is, but my guess woukd be to either cut sections and squeeze out the liquid but I think I am gonna use chunks of water Mellon and chop is to small pieces in my magic bullet and just use that in the juices place. Can't wait for these! Thanks for sharing
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Easy Desserts >
- Freeze Pops >
- Ice Pops >
- July 4th Desserts >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >
- Labor Day Desserts >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Low Carb Desserts >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >