Cool Tomato Soup Recipe
It's easy to crave soup-even on a hot day-when it's chilled and filled with the fresh flavors of summer. Serve a tomatoey batch as an appetizer or a side for a main dish salad. —Wendy Nickel, Kiester, Minnesota
- 4 cups tomato juice, divided
- 5 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 medium green pepper, quartered
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, quartered
- 1 medium onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 4 cups cubed bread, crusts removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Fat-free sour cream, fat-free croutons and parsley, optional
- 1. In a blender, cover and process 1 cup tomato juice and half of the tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, onion, garlic and thyme until chopped. Transfer to a large bowl. Repeat.
- 2. Place vinegar and remaining tomato juice in the blender. Add the bread; cover and process until smooth. Add to vegetable mixture; stir in oil and pepper.
- 3. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving. Garnish with sour cream, croutons and parsley if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
1 cup: 124 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 405mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 2 vegetable, 0 fat.
Reviews for Cool Tomato Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC