"This fruity luscious dessert makes a wonderful ending to a special dinner," says Joyce Cooper of Mount Forest, Ontario. "When fresh strawberries are not available, I substitute frozen unsweetened berries, thawed and drained."
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, mashed
- 1 cup whipped topping
- BLUEBERRY SAUCE:
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- Line a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan with a double thickness of foil; set aside. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and sour cream until smooth. Fold in strawberries and whipped topping. Pour into prepared pan. Cover and freeze for several hours or overnight.
- In a small saucepan, bring the blueberries, sugar and water to a boil; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Cool slightly. Transfer to a blender; cover and process until pureed. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Remove dessert from the freezer 15-20 minutes before serving. Use foil to lift out of pan; remove foil. Cut into slices with a serrated knife. Serve with blueberry sauce. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Cool Strawberry Cream in Country Woman May/June 2002, p41
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cool Strawberry Cream
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review