Cool Strawberry Cream Recipe
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, mashed
- 1 cup whipped topping
- BLUEBERRY SAUCE:
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- Line a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan with a double thickness of foil; set aside. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and sour cream until smooth. Fold in strawberries and whipped topping. Pour into prepared pan. Cover and freeze for several hours or overnight.
- In a small saucepan, bring the blueberries, sugar and water to a boil; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Cool slightly. Transfer to a blender; cover and process until pureed. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Remove dessert from the freezer 15-20 minutes before serving. Use foil to lift out of pan; remove foil. Cut into slices with a serrated knife. Serve with blueberry sauce. Yield: 10-12 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Cool Strawberry Cream
Sort By :
Made this recipe for Chruch function this past weekend...sliced the strawberries instead of mash. Everyone raved including myself. Good on it's own but the blueberry sauce adds that delicious extra. Thaw time could be about 5 minutes longer. Would definately make again and am handing out copies of recipe.
I would not use the sauce, it seems it would be sweet enough without it. I would alternate using strawberries and blueberries to make it. Also it does not look like the strawberries are all mashed according to the photo anyway. I will make this though because my daughter LOVES anything with strawberries in it!!
The dessert is made with strawberries and the sauce that goes with it is with blueberries.
The recipe name and photo are for strawberries, yet the recipe instructions are only for blueberrries!