Cool Rhubarb Dessert Recipe
When I want something very special, I turn to this recipe given to me by a neighbor. Even those who often pass up rhubarb desserts rave over these creamy squares. Perfection! —Maxine Smith, Owanka, South Dakota
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1-1/2 cups cold whole milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, butter and walnuts. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, water and rhubarb until blended. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Cool; pour over crust. Chill.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat cream until thickened. Add confectioners' sugar and beat until soft peaks form. Fold in marshmallows. Spread over rhubarb layer.
- 4. In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Spread over cream layer; sprinkle with coconut. Cover and refrigerate for 4-5 hours or until set. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before cutting. Yield: 16 servings.
1 piece equals 299 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 167 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Cool Rhubarb Dessert
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC