Cool Rhubarb Dessert Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1-1/2 cups cold whole milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, butter and walnuts. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, water and rhubarb until blended. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Cool; pour over crust. Chill.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat cream until thickened. Add confectioners' sugar and beat until soft peaks form. Fold in marshmallows. Spread over rhubarb layer.
- 4. In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Spread over cream layer; sprinkle with coconut. Cover and refrigerate for 4-5 hours or until set. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before cutting. Yield: 16 servings.
1 piece: 299 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 167mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Cool Rhubarb Dessert
"Very tasty and the one time my recipe came out looking way better than the TOH photo ;)"
"This is so so yummy and versatile. Took it to a potluck tonight and was loved by everyone. I was licking the pan when we got home. I don't care for marshmallows so I put a cream cheese layer ( 1 cup cream cheese & 1 cup icing sugar) instead. I put that layer over the crust, then the rhubarb, then the pudding layer, then the whipped cream. So So so YUMMY! Can't wait to make it again."
"This is the best Rhubarb dessert I have ever made!! It is so good!"
"Everyone loved this, even those who don't like rhubarb."