Cool Raspberry Soup Recipe
- 1 package (20 ounces) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup white wine, optional
- 1 cup cran-raspberry juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup (8 ounces) raspberry yogurt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1. In a blender, puree raspberries, water and wine if desired. Transfer to a large saucepan; add the cran-raspberry juice, sugar, cinnamon and cloves. Bring just to a boil over medium heat. Remove from the heat; strain and allow to cool.
- 2. Whisk in lemon juice and yogurt. Refrigerate. To serve, pour into small bowls and top with a dollop of sour cream. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 cup: 207 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 33mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Cool Raspberry Soup
"I only gave this 4 stars because I didn't make the recipe as written. I had a frozen mixed berry blend (raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries) that I used instead of just raspberries. In place of the raspberry yogurt, I used a plain Greek yogurt, and a mixed berry juice blend instead of cran-raspberry; I also omitted the wine. I made the substitutions based on what I had on hand. Having said that, it was really good! I would choose to omit the cloves next time and only use cinnamon sticks because we felt it overpowered the fresh fruit flavor. I will surely keep this recipe for another hot day meal!"
"I have made this several times thoughout the years, and was surprised no reviews! Very refreshing and different. I have made it for luncheons with the ladies and/or showers I have hostessed at my house. Always a crowd pleaser and the recipe is requested often!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.