Cool Raspberry Soup
An exquisite combination of spices and a rich berry flavor make this beautiful soup so refreshing. It's a lovely and tasty way to begin a luncheon. Your guests will rave about the special treat.
Janet Mooberry, Peoria, Illinois
4-6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (20 ounces) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup white wine, optional
- 1 cup cran-raspberry juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup (8 ounces) raspberry yogurt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a blender, puree raspberries, water and wine if desired. Transfer
- to a large saucepan; add the cran-raspberry juice, sugar, cinnamon
- and cloves. Bring just to a boil over medium heat. Remove from the
- heat; strain and allow to cool.
- Whisk in lemon juice and yogurt. Refrigerate. To serve, pour into
- small bowls and top with a dollop of sour cream. Yield: 4-6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 207 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 33 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.