This pretty pie combines two of Mindee Myer's favorite fruits. From Lincoln, Nebraska, she writes, "This recipe makes most of raspberries and peaches when they're at their peak."
- 1-1/2 cups crushed reduced-fat vanilla wafers (about 45 wafers)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches or frozen unsweetened peach slices, thawed (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 3 cups fresh raspberries
- In a food processor, combine the wafer crumbs, sugar and butter; pulse until blended. Add egg white; pulse until moistened.
- Press mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water until smooth. Add peaches; stir to coat. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; gently stir in raspberries. Spoon into prepared crust. Chill until set. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cool Raspberry Peach Pie in Light & Tasty August/September 2002, p15
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cool Raspberry Peach Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review