Cool Mandarin Dessert Recipe
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 2 packages (.3 ounce each) sugar-free orange gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 pint orange sherbet, softened
- Fresh mint, optional
- 1. Drain oranges, reserving the juice, add enough water to juice to measure 1 cup. Refrigerate the oranges.
- 2. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in reserved juice. Add sherbet, stirring until dissolved. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until thickened.
- 3. Keep 10 orange segments refrigerated for garnish. Fold remaining oranges into gelatin mixture; cover and refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, garnish with reserved oranges and mint if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
One serving (1/2 cup) equals 134 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 462 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit.