- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 2 packages (.3 ounce each) sugar-free orange gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 pint orange sherbet, softened
- Fresh mint, optional
- Drain oranges, reserving the juice, add enough water to juice to measure 1 cup. Refrigerate the oranges.
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in reserved juice. Add sherbet, stirring until dissolved. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until thickened.
- Keep 10 orange segments refrigerated for garnish. Fold remaining oranges into gelatin mixture; cover and refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, garnish with reserved oranges and mint if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Cool Mandarin Dessert
"easy to make and SO good!"
"omg, my mother used to make this 45yrs. ago. So refreshing! So glad to have the recipe."
"This was great and refreshing. My husband loved it! Very simple to make. We will have this again. I will be sharing it with my Grandchildren."