I've served this refreshing, pleasantly light citrus dessert for years. It is easy to make but looks so elegant. For special occasions, I put it in a crystal bowl to show off its pretty color. —Sue Murphy of Greenwood, Michigan
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 2 packages (.3 ounce each) sugar-free orange gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 pint orange sherbet, softened
- Fresh mint, optional
- Drain oranges, reserving the juice, add enough water to juice to measure 1 cup. Refrigerate the oranges.
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in reserved juice. Add sherbet, stirring until dissolved. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until thickened.
- Keep 10 orange segments refrigerated for garnish. Fold remaining oranges into gelatin mixture; cover and refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, garnish with reserved oranges and mint if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Cool Mandarin Dessert in Light & Tasty April/May 2001, p31
Reviews for Cool Mandarin Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review