Cool Lime Squares Recipe
Folks always seem to enjoy this variation on the popular lemon bars. Lime juice adds fresh flavor while nuts add some crunch. They're especially refreshing during the warm summer months.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 to 2 drops green food coloring, optional
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes or just until edges are lightly browned.
- 2. For filling, in a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar, lime juice, flour, baking powder, lime peel and food coloring if desired; beat until frothy. Pour over hot crust. Sprinkle with almonds.
- 3. Bake for 20-25 minutes longer or until light golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Cut into triangles. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 110 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 52 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Cool Lime Squares
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC