- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 to 2 drops green food coloring, optional
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes or just until edges are lightly browned.
- For filling, in a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar, lime juice, flour, baking powder, lime peel and food coloring if desired; beat until frothy. Pour over hot crust. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes longer or until light golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Cut into triangles. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Cool Lime Squares in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p85
Reviews for Cool Lime Squares
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2008
"Thanks for the recipe! Made these for July 4th and they were a huge hit. Is it a joke to cut the "squares" into "triangles"?"