- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 to 2 drops green food coloring, optional
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes or just until edges are lightly browned.
- For filling, in a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar, lime juice, flour, baking powder, lime peel and food coloring if desired; beat until frothy. Pour over hot crust. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes longer or until light golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Cut into triangles. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Cool Lime Squares in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p85
Reviews for Cool Lime Squares
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2008
Thanks for the recipe! Made these for July 4th and they were a huge hit. Is it a joke to cut the "squares" into "triangles"?